Rights and Responsilities
Each person receiving services from Community Connection shall have rights, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The right to services which promote your potential to function independently.
- The right to be treated with dignity in your relationships with staff and other persons.
- The right to safe, healthful and comfortable surroundings when meeting staff.
- The right to access your records.
- The right to client-directed services designed to meet your goals.
- The right to refuse services at any time.
- Actively pursue your goals as agreed upon in your Service Plan(s).
- Keep all scheduled appointments or calling if you are unable to attend.
- Work cooperatively with Community Connection staff.
- Let staff know when things happen in your life that may affect your ability to keep your agreements.
- Tell staff when you are not comfortable with your responsibilities or the way services are provided.